- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk (recipe says low-fat, but I used regular dry buttermilk)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (I used more)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Combine banana, buttermilk, oil, vanilla, and eggs in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan and bake for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack, in the pan, for about 15 minutes (I left mine in longer and it was fine).
- Remove the bread from the pan after 15 minutes and cool thoroughly on the rack.