- 3 medium vidalia onions (or other sweet onions)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- hot sauce (optional)
- Peel and halve the onions. Pot boil in salted water for 12 minutes. Remove centers, leaving about 3/4" edge.
- s. Place onion cups in a 13x9x2" pan.
- Chop the center portions which were removed from the onions to equal about 1 cup.
- Cook broccoli to package directions; drain.
- Combine chopped onion, broccoli, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise and lemon juice; spoon into the onion cups.
- Note: at this point the onions can be refrigerated until ready to bake.
- Melt butter; blend in the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder(if using). Add milk and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and blend in softened cream cheese. Spoon sauce over the onions; bake, uncovered, at 375*F. for 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!