- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk or 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Tabasco sauce
- Arrange alternate layers of rice, cheese, peppers, and onion in buttered baking dish.
- Mix eggs, milk, salt, and pepper (and pepper sauce) and pour over rice and cheese.
- Top with breadcrumbs and butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until set.