- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in thin pieces
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4-1 cup brown sugar (I use the 3/4 cup as we don't like ours that sweet)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Combine water, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger.
- Whisk to mix well.
- Marinate chicken in half of sauce 2-3 hours, turning once.
- Stir cornstarch into remaining sauce and bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens slightly (I did this step right before cooking chicken).
- Cool this mixture to room temperature.
- Drain marinade off of chicken, reserving 2 tbsp of the marinade; discard remaining marinade.
- Stir fry chicken in vegetable oil until chicken in almost done.
- Stir in reserved 2 tbsp of marinade and continue stir frying until chicken is done and glazed.
- Serve over hot rice with cooled teriyaki sauce.