- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 -3 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 sheet of toasted nori
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first 6 ingredients; stir well with a whisk. Arrange potatoes in a single layer in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Pour soy sauce mixture over potatoes. Cover and bake at 400° for 50 minutes or until tender.
- Baste with the soy sauce mixture. Uncover, and bake an additional 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and shredded nori, toss and serve.