- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed
- 5 eggs
- 3⁄4 lb muenster cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Spray 9-inch pie plate with Pam. (I use a corning ware quiche dish).
- Heat oil in skillet over med. high heat. Add onion and saute until browned (5 min).
- Add spinach; cook until excess moisture evaporates. Let cool.
- Beat eggs in bowl. Add cheese.
- Stir egg-cheese mixture into onion-spinach mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Turn into pie pan, spreading top evenly.
- Bake until top is browned and tester (I use a toothpick) comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.