- 1 (1/2 lb) package rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce (sambal oelek)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 lb fresh shrimp
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (hot)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 5 green onions
- 1 cup chopped cilantro (coriander)
- 3 limes
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
- Place noodles in large bowl and cover with boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Mix together fish sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire, chili-garlic sauce and sugar.
- Set aside.
- Cut chicken into 1" cubes.
- Peel and de-vein raw shrimp and chop coarsely.
- Finely chop garlic.
- Heat peanut oil in large frying pan or wok.
- Add garlic, chicken, shrimp and red pepper flakes.
- Stir until shrimp turns pink.
- Add sauce mixture and stir for 3 more minutes.
- Add beaten eggs and stir constantly for one minute.
- Add drained rice noodles and toss until coated.
- Stir in bean sprouts, onions and 1/2 cup cilantro.
- Stir and toss for a minute or so, until heated.
- Spoon out onto large serving platter.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and remaining cilantro.
- Top with slices or wedges of lime, which will be used to squeeze over noodles upon serving.