READY IN: 25mins
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1⁄4 lb chorizo sausage, casing removed and chopped
- 2 large boiling potatoes, cut in half and thinly sliced (white)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 12 extra-large eggs (or 1 quart of pasteurized egg yolks)
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half (eyeball it)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb manchego cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped (a couple of handfuls)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat a 12-inch, nonstick, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add EVOO and chorizo, and cook until the chorizo is crispy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the sliced potatoes and onions, and continue to cook, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes (until the potatoes are tender).
- Add the garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Beat eggs together with half-and-half then whisk in the salt and pepper.
- Pour the eggs over the filling and let the eggs set.
- Using a spatula, raise eggs off the bottom of the skillet, allowing more of the liquid egg to settle.
- When the frittata has set, sprinkle with the cheese and transfer to the oven.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes until top is deep golden brown.
- Remove and let stand 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired,then cut into wedges and serve.