- For the Kebabs
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1⁄2 lb ground chuck
- 1 large onion, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- For the Cucumber-Mint Sauce
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled,seeded,and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 pita bread or 4 nane lavash bread, warmed
- Mix together yogurt, cucumber, mint, salt, and garlic for the cucumber-mint sauce in a small bowl and keep chilled while preparing kebabs.
- Combine ingredients for kebabs in a bowl and mix together, squeezing with fingers to incorporate until smooth.
- Shape the meat into 8 flat torpedo shapes, about 5-inches long by 2-inches wide.
- Prepare grill or heat skillet.
- Cook kebabs for 6-8 minutes, turning to cook all sides.
- Serve 2 kebabs on each pita or lavash with cucumber-mint sauce.