- 1 cup shelled pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas
- 3 scallions, very thinly sliced
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled,seeded,and diced
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fresh basil
- Lemon Dressing
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- Toast the pecans in a shallow pan in a preheated 350-degree oven until very fragrant, about 7 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place the couscous, cranberries, and turmeric in a large bowl.
- Pour in the boiling water, stir, then cover the bowl with a large plate or foil.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cover, then fluff the couscous with a fork.
- Cover again and let sit 5 more minutes.
- Stir in the pecans, peas, scallions, cucumbers, and basil.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake vigorously.
- Pour over the couscous.