- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, chilled, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled minced
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, whole and toasted
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger, chopped
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 heavy large baking sheets with parchment paper. Combine first 7 ingredients in processor and blend using on/off turns until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add almonds, cream and crystallized ginger and process just until moist clumps form. Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch diameter balls. Place on prepared sheets. Moisten bottom of glass: dip into powdered sugar and press each dough ball to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Bake cookies until brown on bottom and at edges, about 28 minutes. Transfer cookies to rack and cool.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.