- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup saltine crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Grease a 9 inch pie pan and set aside.
- Melt 2 tbsps. butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic powder, mix well.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the cracker crumbs and mix well.
- Press the mixture over the bottom and up the side of the prepared pan.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in the same skillet used for mushrooms.
- Add the green onions and saute until soft.
- Spread over mushroom crust.
- Sprinkle the Swiss cheese over the green onions.
- Combine the cottage cheese, eggs and cayenne in a blender and process until smooth (you can also use a stick blender).
- Pour over Swiss cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.