READY IN: 2hrs 45mins
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup chopped black olives
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- In a bowl, mix together flour, yeast, sugar, salt, garlic powder, italian seasoning, black olives, olive oil, and water.
- Turn out dough on a floured board.
- Knead until smooth- about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let rise about 45 minutes, until it doubles in size and punch down.
- Knead for another 5 to 10 minutes an let rise for 30 minutes, until it doubles in size.
- Round the dough on kneading board.
- Place dough upside down in a bowl lined with a lint-free, well floured towel.
- Let rise until double in size.
- While the bread is rising for the third time, put a pan of water in the bottom of the oven.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Gently turn loaf out onto a sheet pan that has been lightly oiled and dusted with cornmeal.
- Bake loaf at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake for 30 more minutes, or until done.