- 1 lb Brussels sprout (about 40)
- 1 half red onion, peeled and sliced then
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- olive oil
- red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 450 Fį.
- Remove any wilted or yellowed leaves from the Brussels sprouts and trim the stem close to the heads.
- Cut vertically into thin slices.
- Break the onion slices apart into rings and add to the sprouts along with the garlic and a light sprinkling of salt.
- Drizzle with olive oil, toss the vegetables to coat them with oil, and spread out evenly in a thick skillet or non-stick baking dish. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are lightly browned and tender, tossing once half way through roasting.
- Serve hot as a side dish.