- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf, tightly packed and shredded
- To prepare the dressing, in a small bowl, whish the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, mustard and pepper.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions and basil.
- Drizzle with the dressing; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate, covered, tossing once, until the flavors are blended, at least 1 hour.