- 4 ripe peaches
- 2 pints raspberries, about 9 oz
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar or 1 tablespoon other coarse sugar
- 3⁄4 cup creme fraiche
- dessert wine (optional)
- Cut the peaches in half, cutting around the pit, and then twist each half in opposite directions to expose the pit. Remove the pits (do this over a bowl so you collect the juices), then gently tear each half in half again and drop into the bowl.
- Add the raspberries and sugar and give everything a good toss to combine. Leave to macerate in the sugar and juices for 5 minutes.
- Lay the fruit out on a serving platter and top with generous dollops of crème fraîche. Enjoy with a cheeky glass of dessert wine, such as Sauternes, or even pour one over the top of the fruits.