- 6 cups spinach, washed,drained very well and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 3 hardboiled egg, coarsely chopped
- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine spinach, onions and eggs in a large salad bowl.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crispy; remove bacon and drain on paper towels.
- Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of bacon drippings.
- Add vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper to bacon drippings, heat to boiling, stirring to blend.
- Pour over spinach mixture; toss gently.
- Sprinkle with bacon.