- 3⁄4 lb fusilli
- 3⁄4 lb bow tie pasta
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups pesto sauce (I use my Pesto Sauce for Pesto, also from The Barefoot Contessa)
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups of good mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
- 1⁄3 cup pignolis (pine nuts)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cook the fusilli and bow tie pastas separately in a large pot of boiling salted water for 10 to 12 minutes until each pasta is al dente (you can use any pasta you like, however, or any combination of pastas).
- Drain and toss into a bowl with the olive oil. Cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of a food processor (fitted with a steel blade), puree the pesto, spinach and lemon juice.
- Add the mayonnaise and puree. Add the pesto mixture to the cooled pasta and then add the Parmesan Cheese, peas, pignolis, salt and peper. Mix well, season to taste, and serve at room temperature.