- 8 large red potatoes (about 5 pounds)
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- black pepper (optional)
- Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together all spices with the oil in a large bowl.
- Cut the potatoes in quarters, then place in the bowl; toss to coat with oil/spice mixture.
- Place the potatoes on a lightly greased baking sheet, sprinkle with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes,or until potatoes are fork-tender tossing occasionally.