- wild blueberry sauce
- 1 cup wild blueberries
- 2 -3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier (optional)
- nectarine buttermilk pancake
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (good quality)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large ripe nectarine, unpeeled, coarsely diced
- 2 tablespoons butter (frying)
- icing sugar (garnish- optional)
- Put the blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and water together in a small pot.
- Boil rapidly for 4 – 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove the sauce from heat and allow too cool.
- When cooled add the Grand Marnia and set aside until ready to use.
- Beat the egg well and stir in the melted butter and buttermilk.
- In a small bowl add the flour, salt, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder and stir into the egg mixture.
- Now gently add the diced nectarines to the batter.
- Heat your pan and lightly grease with the butter.
- I cook my pancakes on medium low heat.
- Pour batter onto the prepared pan and cook until bubbles begin to appear and fill the entire surface of the pancake.
- Turn with a spatula and cook the other side.
- Your pancakes should feel fluffy and tender when touched.
- Remove from heat, put on platter and keep warm until all pancakes are done.
- Serve with icing sugar and wild blueberry sauce.