- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 -2 1⁄2 lb skinless chicken piece (I prefer boneless chicken)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 4 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup water
- Place onion slices in electric skillet in a single layer.
- Arrange chicken pieces on top of onion slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Set control at medium.
- Cook, covered for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low simmer setting and cook covered at least 2 hours.
- Turn chicken pieces periodically, and baste with sauce.
- Add a little amount of water at a time if sauce becomes too thick.