- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup baking natural bran
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup coconut (desiccated, thread or slices)
- 1⁄2 cup raw sugar (white will not work)
- 4 tablespoons oil (I use olive)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- sesame seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- sunflower seeds
- linseeds, Use any mixture of the above up to 1 1/2
- DRIED FRUIT
- dried apricot
- dried cherries
- dried apple, etc. About 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Pre-heat the crock pot on high for 20 minutes.
- Combine grains, seeds, nuts, sugar, oil and vanilla in the crock-pot.
- Add the oil and vanilla and stir thoroughly.
- Cover with lid and cook on high for about 2 hours stirring once or twice while cooking.
- Remove lid after cooking is finished, stir thoroughly and allow to cool completely before stirring in the dried fruit and then storing in an air-tight container. The Tupperware cereal container is perfect.