- 1 lb potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 4 (1/4 lb) cube steak
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- In a pot bring water and potatoes to a boil; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. Return potatoes to pan and add 1/4 tsp salt. Mash potatoes using 1/3 - 1/2 cup of the potato liquid.
- In a measuring cup mix together broth and 2 tablespoons flour.
- Coat steaks with remaining flour (2 TB), 1/4 tsp salt and the pepper.
- Spray skillet with Pam and set over high heat. Add steaks and cook 2 minutes per side.
- Stir in mushrooms and broth mixture; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 20-30 minutes. Uncover and cook until gravy thickens.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.