- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 orange, juice of (about 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and onion over medium heat.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot on your favorite buns or bread.