- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk, see note below
- 1 1⁄2 cups oat bran
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375į. Makes 12 muffins.
- Add buttermilk to oat bran and let stand.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In large bowl beat vegetable oil, egg, sugar and vanilla together.
- Add buttermilk-bran mixture to liquids and stir well.
- Add dry ingredients all at once and stir until ingredients are just blended.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Spoon into prepared muffins tins. Either paper lined or greased.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden.
- NOTE--1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice with milk added to make 1 1/2 cups may be substituted.