- 30 wonton wrappers
- VEGGIE MIXTURE
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 large button mushrooms, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs (choice parsley, rosemary, oregano)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup homemade tomato sauce or 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- CHEESE MIXTURE
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 6 -12 basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 450 degree.
- Spray cupcake pan with olive oil.
- Place vegetables on cookie sheet drizzle with oil and season with salt pepper and herbs to taste. Roast for 20 minutes toss and continue to roast for 20 more minutes. You should have 3 cups of yummy roasted veggies.
- Lower heat to 350 degrees.
- Mix sauce into the veggies.
- Mix cheese mixture reserving 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan. Mix the reserved cheese together and set aside for topping.
- Place wonton wrappers in bottom of pan. Layer with cheese and the veggies, Pressing down the next layer and repeat layering till all is used. Ending with veggies. Top with reserved cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes on a cookie sheet pan. Let rest 10 minutes. Serve with a garnish of fresh basil leaves.