- 2 eggplants
- olive oil, for cooking
- 12 -15 basil leaves, shredded
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- Cut eggplants lengthways into thin slices and sprinkle with salt. Allow to stand in a colander for fifteen minutes.
- Rinse and dry well.
- Panfry eggplant slices in olive oil, until golden brown on both sides. Drain and cool.
- Lay eggplant slices out flat, add chopped basil and crumbled feta and roll up.
- Place on a platter to serve.
- TIP: To save time, buy grilled eggplant from a deli counter, and if desired, substitute grilled capsicum for eggplant.