READY IN: 45mins
- 2 frozen 9-inch pie shells (thawed)
- 3 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and well drained (use your hands to squeeze out any extra moisture)
- Set the oven to 375 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, with a 1-1/2-inch biscuit cutter, cut out 12 rounds from the thawed pie crust.
- Press each of the rounds into the bottom, and up the sides of ungreased mini muffin cups.
- Repeat with the second pie crust.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon until brown and very crisp; drain.
- Add in the onions to the same skillet with the bacon drippings, cook for 5 minutes, or until tender, stirring constantly; drain.
- Place the onions in a medium bowl.
- Crumble the bacon into small pieces, and add in with the cooked green onion.
- Add in the eggs to the bacon and onions; beat well.
- Stir in the cream, salt, nutmeg and the Parmesan cheese.
- Add in the squeezed spinach; mix well to combine.
- Divide the mixture evenly into crust-lined cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Loosen quiches from pan with tip of knife.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Store in the refrigerator.