- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄3 cups cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk (I used soy)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (I used white)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- In medium bowl, blend all dry ingredients, cut in the butter/marg.
- Add milk and vinegar.
- Mix together well.
- Dough will be soft.
- Pat out on prepared pan to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut into square biscuits and separate with the sides of knife.
- Bake 20 minutes, will just start to turn brown. (they don't really look done but are -- also look like spread and stuck together but separate easily -- ).
- If you are able to have real butter and desire at this point brush with melted butter.
- Makes 6-8 biscuits depending on size.