- 2 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 (8 ounce) frozen lobster tails
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- In large saucepan, heat water and salt to boiling.
- Add frozen lobster tails; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until done, about 12 minutes.
- Wearing a clean oven mitt or using a potholder, hold and cut down sides of lobster tails with kitchen scissors to remove thin undershell covering the meat.
- To prevent tails from curling, insert long metal skewer from meat side through tail to shell side, then back through shell and meat at opposite end.
- Set oven control at broil and/or 550 degrees.
- Place tails meat side up on rack in broiler pan, brush with butter.
- Broil with tops 3 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes. Alternatively, they can be placed over a hot grill/barbecue for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with Lemon Butter.
- Lemon Butter:
- 1/2 cup butter.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley.
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce.
- Melt butter, add remaining ingredients.