- 2 slices whole wheat bread (use raisin bread for a special treat)
- 1 small banana
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (generous)
- Mash the banana (easiest with a fork in a shallow bowl) to make the luscious "banana butter". Toast the bread.
- In a jar, combine the flax, sugar and cinnamon and shake till well mixed. You may want to add more sugar- this combo had just the right sweetness for me.
- Spread some of the mashed banana on each slice of bread, and generously sprinkle each with flaxen-cinnamon sugar.
- Enjoy with a cold glass of rice or soy milk and a fruit bowl.